Thursday, October 16, 2008

My absolute favorite season is fall. The warm and cozy colors cannot be matched by any other season. The bounty of God's goodness and his ever constant care of us... how blessed we are.

These are a few of my favorite things:

Soft, oatmeal-colored cable knit sweaters, that favorite pair of jeans, the smell of pumpking pie cooling on the counter and the pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven. Autumn-scented candles glistening in the room as the late afternoon sky begins to glow with hint of the sinking sun. A whistling kettle of boiling water ancipating the pour over hot tea leaves, old slippers, warm fleece blankets, evenings at home, the cold smell of kids as they come inside after playing in the leaves, a pot of steaming homemade bacon/potato soup, friends dropping in with out calling first, backyard soccer games with only the moon as the light......
Hayrides, scary stories, harvests of grain, the word "amber",
old barns, pheasants, college football games, reading books while snuggling under blankets, cinnamon,
the word "cozy"....
Okay, I guess these are more than a few of my favorite things.






I am planning a weekend of peeling, coring, slicing and freezing apples. Fall desserts are the plan!

3 comments:

. sarah . said...

magic, that is what i felt reading what you wrote about fall!!

Jody said...

you brought back many memories after reading your favorite things...I gave grown to love fall time. But, summer is still my favorite. Miss you guys

December Dreamers said...

Fall is my fav too! There is just nothing like it for me. I love the colors, the weather, the food and the holidays. Hope you enjoy it and soak up every beautiful minute of it.